This website is owned and operated by the Velocity Network Foundation® (“Velocity,” “Foundation,” “us,” “our”). This Data Policy applies to the Velocity Network Foundation® website (“Website”). This Data Policy describes our practices for handling your information collected in connection with this Website.
Collection of Information
When you interact with us through our Website, we may collect or receive the following of information:
Information you provide directly to us. We may collect information from you such as your name and email address, such as when you subscribe for more information on the Website.
How We Use Information
Information collected by our Website will help inform the design and implementation of Website. We may also use information you provide us to operate and improve the functionality of the Website.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with certain third parties as set forth below:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers who support our website, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, business analytics, and data processing.
- Board Members. We may share information with the entities that make up the Velocity Network Foundation® board of directors (“Board Members”). For more information about our Board Members, look at the “Foundation” tab.
- Legal and safety purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, detect fraud, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of the website, our affiliates, owner, users, or the public.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information and pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Website to share information about your experience on the Website with others, these services are outside our control. These third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Website, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Website, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Our Legal Bases for Processing Information
We rely on a variety of legal bases to process data, including:
- as necessary to fulfill our Terms;
- consistent with your consent, which you can revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative personalized, safe and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights of freedoms that require protection of personal data.
You may withdraw consent at any time. Such withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
How You Exercise Your Right
Under applicable laws, you have the right to access, rectify, port, and erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes:
- the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by contacting us,
- the right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and
- the right to have us delete your personal information.
You may delete your information at any time by contacting us at [email protected] We will delete all the information we have about you, such as information from cookies and information you have provided us.
We generally retain information until it is no longer necessary to serve the purposes for which it was collected. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
We utilize standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission and rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers from the European Economic Area to the United States and other countries.
The data controller responsible for your information is Velocity Network Foundation®, which you can contact us at:
Velocity Network Foundation
4610 S. Ulster St. Suite 150
Denver, CO 80237
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.